Why are some smells good and others bad?
This is something that is firmly established in our DNA. Each species interprets smells differently in the brain. For us, good smells are often associated with food or flowers. Bad smells are linked to danger.
The smell of a decayed body is classified by our brains as danger, because it could mean there is a predator nearby. A dog classifies the same smell as food, because dogs are carnivores and scavengers. Our noses are particularly sensitive to smells like nitrogen and fatty acids.
Specifically in the case of rotten fish and rotten eggs, our sense of smell protects us from potential food poisoning.
Two examples from nature:
- Cypress trees exude a molecule that removes the smell of decayed skin. (Cypress trees are often planted in cemeteries.)
- Geraniums have almost no smell, but exude a molecule that inhibits the smell from other plants, giving this flower a better chance of thriving.
How it works:
Neutralisation = means that smells like tobacco, body odour, sweat, fat, urine, WC odours, fish, etc. are effectively and reliably removed or neutralised. Odours are actively neutralised in the air by the emission of Zero&Smell molecules. The resulting molecules no longer have any smell that we can perceive. The system works in the gaseous phase, i.e. within seconds. The strength of the unpleasant smells affects the time necessary for neutralisation. Zero&Smell is an innovative concept for freshening the air. Almost all suppliers within the air freshening sector merely scent the air. This means that the bad smells are still around!!!!
We first of all remove/neutralise the bad smells and then very lightly perfume the air.
- Unpack the SBS Tower-PP.
- Open the lid and the base plate and make sure that the SBS Tower-PP is EMPTY.
- The SBS Tower can be placed on the floor (a buffer is required) or mounted on the wall (fixing materials enclosed).
- Place the lid back in the SBS Tower-PP.
- Connect the SBS Tower-PP to the power supply (note polarity).
- Follow the instructions for “inserting the cartridges”.
- The SBS Tower-PP is designed for 24 hour operation and is now ready for use.
Adjust neutralisation strength
The speed at which the AirClean operates can be changed in order to achieve optimum efficiency.
- If you notice the product smelling too much, reduce the speed.
- If you notice bad smells, increase the speed.
Inserting the cartridges
- Take the plug out of the socket.
- Take the base plate out of the SBS Tower.
- Open the cartridge and place it (gently) approximately 0.5 cm in the base.
- Put the base back into the SBS Tower.
- Reconnect the SBS Tower to the power supply and select the desired neutralisation strength.
- The SBS Tower is not a toy and should be kept away from children.
- Ensure that the plug is removed from the socket before filling.
- The upper lid of the AirClean-PP may ONLY be removed for wall mounting once it has been switched off.
- AirClean-PP has been developed for 24 hour operation and must be switched off for filling. The device has been developed for working in rooms and is to be kept away from moisture.