The small green cube with the giant effect
- Ecobug Cap is a complete and easy to use system that protects our valuable drinking water reserves.
- Ecobug Cap has a microbiological basis and makes the use of cleaning agents completely unnecessary. Ecobug is environmentally friendly for people and nature.
- Ecobug Cap reduces the water consumption of a urinal by up to 98%.
- Ecobug Cap reduces the ecological footprint by saving CO2 emissions in everyday use.
- Ecobug Cap is easy to use. The urinal stays clean and odour-free.
- Ecobug Cap cleaner can also be used in the entire toilet area and therefore replaces conventional chemical sanitary cleaners.
- Ecobug Cap can be used in the urinal without any technical modifications – quite easily – and does not require any alterations or investments.
The problem with urinals
Urine is normally odourless, but the bacteria in a wet urinal are responsible for the characteristic ammonia odour. Urea, the insoluble component of urine, forms unsightly residue and deposits in the flushed water in combination with lime. In extreme cases, this can lead to the drain line becoming clogged.
How the cube works
Ecobug Cap contains microorganisms (=good bacteria like the kind found in yoghurt or cheese, for example), which break the urine up into its components and neutral molecules. The Ecobug Cap is simply placed in the urinal and the water supply is shut off. Even the small amount of 2-3 litres of water for daily cleaning is sufficient to activate the bacteria so that the urinal remains clean. The microorganisms are released by the cube dissolving slowly. That way, the components that are responsible for the formation of urine scale are broken up. At the same time, the bad bacteria that cause the horrible odour are destroyed.
Ecobug Cap makes an important contribution to dealing with hygiene in an environmentally aware way. It is 100% biodegradable and certified in accordance with ISO 14000/14001. Ecobug Cap reduces the pollution caused by harmful chemicals that affects customers, personnel, and the environment, since there is no need to use conventional sanitary cleaners, disinfecting agents and acids.
Save water, save money
Ecobug Cap supports important areas of active operations:
- reduces costs
- saves environmental resources
- and has a positive role model effect in the corporate culture
Reduction of costs
Ecobug Cap reduces the water consumption of a urinal by 98% as well as the maintenance costs of the urinal itself, the flushing mechanism and the outflow. In addition, the costs of cleaning agents and power are saved.
- saves water costs and sewage fees
- no alterations necessary
- deodorising blocks are no longer necessary
- no problems with urine scale
- low installation costs
- no other cleaning agents are necessary for the WC
Microbes at work
Urine scale deposits cannot be dissolved with water and are very hard to remove. The deposits form on the inside of the urinal and the drain pipes, in the siphon and the drains. Bad odours and clogging are the consequence. The common method is to try to rinse away the deposits with water. This intensifies the problem of the deposits and consumes valuable drinking water.
No more hazardous chemicals
Traditionally, strong bleaches, disinfectants, or caustic chemicals are used to remove the deposits. Strong acids are harmful to your health, pollute the water system, and result in high costs for the environment. Useful microbes, like the ones found in the ECO-CAP, are released gradually and spread in the urinal and the drain pipes and break down the deposits in a natural way.